Skillet Chicken and Artichokes
We love this easy yet elegant dish with its subtle flavor. Serve with a rice pilaf for a quick and easy gourmet meal! You can also use turkey cutlets, fish fillets or seafood. For a special meal, make it with chicken and shrimp.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and marinade reserved
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 12 small fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cooked rice or noodles
- Sprinkle chicken with herb seasoning. In a medium skillet, heat 3
- tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Add chicken and brown 3-4
- minutes on each side.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of marinade in skillet. Push chicken to
- one side and stir in flour. Add the water, wine and bouillon. Stir
- until mixture boils and sauce is lightly thickened. Stir in the
- artichokes and mushrooms. Cover and simmer on very low heat 20
- minutes or until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve
- on a bed of rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as