We love this easy yet elegant dish with its subtle flavor. Serve with a rice pilaf for a quick and easy gourmet meal! You can also use turkey cutlets, fish fillets or seafood. For a special meal, make it with chicken and shrimp.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and marinade reserved
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 12 small fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cooked rice or noodles
- Sprinkle chicken with herb seasoning. In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Add chicken and brown 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of marinade in skillet. Push chicken to one side and stir in flour. Add the water, wine and bouillon. Stir until mixture boils and sauce is lightly thickened. Stir in the artichokes and mushrooms. Cover and simmer on very low heat 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve on a bed of rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken and Artichokes in Country Extra January 1991, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review