Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies
For a busy weeknight, try this fast and yummy recipe with tender chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans. As Janet Polson of Laurel, Mississippi explains, “It’s a wonderful, let’s-have-it-again kind of meal.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Coat chicken with flour. In a large nonstick skillet over medium
- heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Add the broth, sweet
- potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and
- cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 432 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 34 g protein.