Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies Recipe
For a busy weeknight, try this fast and yummy recipe with tender chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans. As Janet Polson of Laurel, Mississippi explains, “It’s a wonderful, let’s-have-it-again kind of meal.”
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. Coat chicken with flour. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Add the broth, sweet potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 432 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
"Very quick and easy! Great taste."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC