Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies Recipe
For a busy weeknight, try this fast and yummy recipe with tender chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans. As Janet Polson of Laurel, Mississippi explains, “It’s a wonderful, let’s-have-it-again kind of meal.”
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. Coat chicken with flour. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Add the broth, sweet potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 432 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
"Very quick and easy! Great taste."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC