Skillet Chicken 'n' Veggies Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. Coat chicken with flour. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Add the broth, sweet potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 432 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 34 g protein.