Skillet Cherry Cobbler
“Once a week, my husband and I enjoy a candlelight dinner after our two children are fed and in bed,” shares Kari Damon from Rushford, New York. “This is a perfectly sized dessert for those special 'date nights.'”
TIP: This cobbler also tastes wonderful with apple or blueberry pie filling instead of cherry.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and orange peel. Stir
- in milk just until moistened; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, combine pie filling and orange juice;
- bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Drop biscuit mixture in two
- mounds onto boiling cherry mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-7 minutes longer or until a
- toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-sugar pie filling) equals 262 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.