Skillet Catfish Recipe
- 3/4 cup corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine corn bread mix and seafood seasoning. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in batches over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Catfish
"The coating did not survive well in the pan.... :-("
"This is such a great "batter" for fish. I've made it with catfish with great results, and tonight I'm going to try it with tilapia. It's so simple and light, and yet it tastes like it's fried. I'll be keeping this recipe handy!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.