If my family and friends gave out blue ribbons for their favorite casserole dish, this casserole would win with a fistful!Joan Govier, Victoria Harbour, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1medium green pepper, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and parboiled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside. In
- the same skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the potatoes,
- tomatoes, soup, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 460 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,432 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.