If my family and friends gave out blue ribbons for their favorite casserole dish, this casserole would win with a fistful!—Joan Govier, Victoria Harbour, Ontario
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1medium green pepper, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and parboiled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, soup, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Casserole in Country Ground Beef 1993, p39
Reviews for Skillet Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 29, 2009
"do you need to brown the ground beef twice as I am totally confused"