If my family and friends gave out blue ribbons for their favorite casserole dish, this casserole would win with a fistful!—Joan Govier, Victoria Harbour, Ontario
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1medium green pepper, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and parboiled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, soup, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Casserole in Country Ground Beef 1993, p39
Reviews for Skillet Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2009
"do you need to brown the ground beef twice as I am totally confused"