Skillet Bow Tie Lasagna
This quick recipe tastes just like lasagna, but you make it on the stove. It's very tasty and is always a hit with my family.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley,
- oregano and salt. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring
- Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.