- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Bow Tie Lasagna(5)
Sort By :
This is delicious. The 4 star rating was only due to having to make a few adjustments to the liquid level. I'd read from a previous reviewer that the 1 1/2 c of water wasn't sufficient and she was right! Instead of adding more water, I added 1 c of organic beef stock and 1 c of pre-made spaghetti sauce I already had in the fridge. I felt it would make the sauce richer and it definitely did! I also added 3 c of the bow tie pasta instead of 2 1/2. Additionally, I mixed the cottage cheese/Parmesan mixture with about 1/3 c of light sour cream. After placing the spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the dish, I also added fresh shaved Parmesan over the entire top, then covered and let it cook an additional 10 minutes. Absolutely yummy! My family went crazy over it! I know it sounds like a lot of extra tweaking, but this is something I do so often, it just seemed natural to me.
This recipe has been a family favorite for years! I like it because it's easy to make and tastes just like oven-baked lasagna.
This recipe is definitely a family favorite! I've been making it ever since it first appeared in "Country" and my family always enjoys it. Not only is it easy to make, but it tastes great!
awesome!! All the taste of the lasagna w/o all the extra time,effort, and cheese!! ( we're making changes in our diet) I loved it, and so did the kiddos!!
I made a few changes to this recipe to be closer to our taste. Instead of diced tomatoes and tomato paste I just put 2 cans of tomato sauce (we do not like chucks of tomatoes). I also used half of a regular package of beef and put a little over 3/4 of a box of the bow tie pasta. It turned out great! My husband and I have agreed to put it on our list of favorite dinners. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >