My mother-in-law made a slump of wild blueberries with dumplings and served it warm with a pitcher of farm cream. We’ve been eating slump for nearly 60 years! —Eleanore Ebeling, Brewster, Minnesota
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop batter in six portions on top of the simmering blueberry mixture. Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, 17-20 minutes or until dumplings are golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Blueberry Slump in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Skillet Blueberry Slump
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review