- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop batter in six portions on top of the simmering blueberry mixture. Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, 17-20 minutes or until dumplings are golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Blueberry Slump
"New England is the home of slumps. grunts, and buckles. This is warm and comforting on a cold evening - and easy to make as well!"
"Didn't love the biscuits, but it was an easy dessert and great with vanilla ice cream."
"The blueberry part was great, but did not like the biscuits at all."
"I made this last week for a BBQ and it was all cleaned up-very easy to make and obviously tasty!!"
"This was delicious! We picked wild mulberries, and used them in this recipe! It was simple, quick, and very tasty!"