- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Beef Stew
"easy fall recipe."
"I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I cubed the meat and coated it with some seasoned flour before I cooked it. My kids absolutely loved it and said it was definately a keeper in the recipe box."
"I substituted the frozen vegetables with some diced carrots and potatoes and simmered for thirty-five minutes, but only because some people in the family are fussy about their veggies. Everyone loved it and what was leftover tasted even better the next day."