Skillet Beef Stew
Think you can't prepare a hot and hearty stew in under 30 minutes? Well you can! This super stew recipe uses frozen vegetables and prepared gravy, plus it cooks on the stove, so you can serve up steaming bowlfuls in no time.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef
- over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in
- remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.