Think you can't prepare a hot and hearty stew in under 30 minutes? Well you can! This super stew recipe uses frozen vegetables and prepared gravy, plus it cooks on the stove, so you can serve up steaming bowlfuls in no time.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Beef Stew in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p11
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review