Skillet Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Beef Stew(2)
Sort By :
I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I cubed the meat and coated it with some seasoned flour before I cooked it. My kids absolutely loved it and said it was definately a keeper in the recipe box.
I substituted the frozen vegetables with some diced carrots and potatoes and simmered for thirty-five minutes, but only because some people in the family are fussy about their veggies. Everyone loved it and what was leftover tasted even better the next day.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >