Skillet Beef N Rice
"Even picky children enjoy this economical dish," assures Lori Thompson, New London, Texas. "Our kids agree it's one of their favorites. Leave out the onion and pepper-it's still delicious."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat
- until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice mixture,
- Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; mix well. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-1/4 cups serving (prepared with lean ground beef) equals 351 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.