Skillet Beef and Potatoes
Unpeeled potato slices, which are precooked in the microwave, speed up the cooking time for this meal. Fresh rosemary adds a nice flavor to this skillet dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 6-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender;
- Season beef with pepper blend. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef and
- onion in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until beef is no longer
- pink. Meanwhile, in another skillet, stir-fry potatoes in remaining
- oil for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in beef mixture. Sprinkle
- with rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 320 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet