Skillet Beef and Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes (about 5), halved and cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- 3. In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture and rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 320 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Beef and Potatoes
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.