Skillet Beef and Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is browned, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- 3. In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook potatoes until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Skillet Beef and Potatoes
"I made this but added mushroom gravy was very delicious. Also added some mushrooms ,will cook it again"
"it was good but I did have to add salt to the garlic pepper blend for a little more flavor. It was super easy to make too."