- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), halved and cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture and rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Beef and Potatoes
"I made this but added mushroom gravy was very delicious. Also added some mushrooms ,will cook it again"
"Quick and easy to make. Flavor was ok (wife loved it!) but we both agreed that there needed to be a sauce or gravy of some sort--dish was too dry as is."
"it was good but I did have to add salt to the garlic pepper blend for a little more flavor. It was super easy to make too."