Skillet Beef and Macaroni
I found this recipe 30 years ago on a can label. My family loved it, and I later found I always received compliments when I took the dish to potluck suppers. Since it's so easy to put together, it makes a real time-saver for a busy housewife or working mother.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is browned and
- onion is tender; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until
- macaroni is tender. stirring occasionally. Add additional water if
- needed. Yield: 4-6 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Prepare just half of the recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.