- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until macaroni is tender. stirring occasionally. Add additional water if needed. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Beef and Macaroni
"For a hearty one pot meal drop in a can of Bush's Original Vegetarian Baked Beans. Adds a mellow sweetness to the sauce. Yummm."
"I made this tonight and it was just o.k. The macaroni wasn't done & there wasn't enough liquid to continue cooking it. If I made this again I would add more liquid or less macaroni. I did add a little chili powder but it still needed something. I have made a similar recipe in the past which called for spicy v8 rather than tomato sauce & I prefer that over this one. Not a keeper."
"I was looking for a recipe like this without chili, cheese, Italian sauce, or a bunch of ingredients. I read this and thought it sounded a little bland. I was so pleasantly surprised--it's delicious! I've made it several times and been happy every time--there are usually no leftovers. My family loves it."
"Five stars for being fast, easy and tasty. Thanks!"
"my kids liked this one.. i added mushrooms and more water and tweeked it with additional ingredients.. definitely would make again."