Skillet BBQ Round Steak Recipe
- 2 pound boneless beef round steak (1 inch thick), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over the beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet BBQ Round Steak(3)
Sort By :
Was looking for some different recipes for round steak that didn't have onion soup in it. This was a wonderful find! A little spicy for my little ones so might tone down the heat next time but adults thought it was perfect.
Hubby really liked this, but I thought the sauce had too much vinegar. The meat was nice and tender.
Our whole family loves this recipe, all the way down to our 4 year old. I usually double the sauce because we like it so much, even the leftovers (if there are any) are wonderful.