I found this recipe years ago, and it has become a favorite of my family and friends. The combination of ingredients for the sauce seems to be exactly right.
- 2 pound boneless beef round steak (1 inch thick), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over the beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Round Steak in Country December/January 2003, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet BBQ Round Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review