Skillet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter over medium-high heat. Remove chops.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onion until golden brown. Add the water, brown sugar, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops; keep warm.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 423 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,214 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.