Skillet Banana Fritters
This delicious banana treat is sure to be a hit in your home. They are so yummy served with ice cream on the side. For an extra special treat, add chocolate syrup!Sharon Yonts, Scottsboro, Alabama
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium firm bananas
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut the bananas
- in half lengthwise, then cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Coat bananas
- with egg mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry bananas
- for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on
- paper towels. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.