Skillet Apple Pork Chops
With fresh sage and apple, this dish is tasty, easy and done in a flash. The recipe says garlic butter, but I keep a jar with three cloves of garlic covered in olive oil and use that instead. The garlic oil is delicious for salads also. —Lorraine Caland, SHUNIAH, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops and apple in oil over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads
- 145°. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with
- chops and apple. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 218 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a