Skier's Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown meat in batches in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetables. Combine the tomato sauce, water and soup mix; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skier's Stew(9)
Sort By :
My family loved this stew. I modified it a bit. First, I added a whole coarsely chopped yellow sweet onion, I made my own onion mix from a recipe on TasteofHome.com, I used a 28 oz. can of chunky tomato sauce, added white and red turnips and finally, I used chuck roast from Earth Fare and had the butcher cube it for me. The meat was very tender!! The tomatoes give it a little tangy flavor, which was delicious. I let it sit for about 2 hours after it finished cooking and it was still warm for dinner and the veggies were tender. Made 6 big servings.
Better than my stew
This recipe is so easy yet so delicious
This was a hit at my house ,very tasty indeed thank you for sharing , I will make it again soon:))
Mark loved it
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew >