Skewerless Stovetop Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat in 1/4 cup salad dressing until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, cook peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepper and seasoned salt in remaining salad dressing until vegetables are tender. Return pork to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups: 236 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Skewerless Stovetop Kabobs
"Easy to make, though I left out the seasoned salt. I also had some leftover summer squash that I added in place of part of the zucchini (a tasty substitution). I served it with a side of wild rice, which was a nice complement. I'll make this again. Thanks!"
"Surprised me, it was very good, My husband really liked it. It was healthy and lots of flavor. Has the kabob taste. I did not measure the dressing thought about 3/4 to a cup of lite Italian. I made roasted potatoes I would do rice next time. It was a little saucy enough for rice."
"Very good flavor and very simple. I cut everything up and marinated overnight."
"Love this healthy dish--very tasty and easy to prepare. I agree that the tomatoes should be added at the very end."
"Loved it! Super easy and very good"
"A nice, healthy, fresh summer meal! One serving (2 cups) was very filling. Next time I will add the tomatoes at the very end, though, so they aren't so mushy."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.