Skewered Shrimp Recipe
Joan Morris combines four ingredients to create a ginger mixture that's used as both a marinade and a sauce for these barbecued shrimp. "Serve them with toothpicks as an appetizer or stir the shrimp into pasta for an entree," suggests the Lillian, Alabama cook.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, chili sauce and ginger; mix well. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skewered Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC