- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eight wedges
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, halved
- 8 grape tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skewered Shrimp & Vegetables
Sort By :
Very good. Had a scampi type test to them.
Easy to make and even my 2-year-old ate the shrimp. I recommend setting aside some of the marinade to put the veggies in too.