Joan Morris combines four ingredients to create a ginger mixture that's used as both a marinade and a sauce for these barbecued shrimp. "Serve them with toothpicks as an appetizer or stir the shrimp into pasta for an entree," suggests the Lillian, Alabama cook.
Featured In: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, chili sauce and ginger; mix well. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skewered Shrimp in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skewered Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
"I am looking for Grilled Citrus Shrimp -Tasete of Home Magazine"