Here's a unique way to prepare red potatoes. Cooking them in the microwave ensures they're tender inside, while grilling gives them a crisp outside.
—Sarah Steinacher, Geneva, Nebraska
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- cook on high for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway
- through; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add potatoes; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Thread potatoes on metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Grill, covered, over hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until
- potatoes are golden brown. Turn and brush occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 189 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.