Jean Gaines of Russellville, Kentucky marinates and skewers several servings of this dish, freezing extras for future events. "Not only do these tender slices of beef make a quick and easy dinner," she says, "but they make impressive appetizers, too."
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread steak onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skewered Ginger Beef in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p10