- strips. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, lime
- juice, peanut butter, garlic, curry powder, cumin and chili pepper.
- Pour 1 cup mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the
- chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 30 metal or
- soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using
- long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting with reserved
- juice mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, peanut
- butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and
- pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Cool
- slightly. Transfer to a food processor; add cream. Cover and process
- until smooth. Sprinkle chicken with cilantro. Serve chicken warm
- with sauce.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.