Skewered Chicken 'n' Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into chunks
- CHIPOTLE MOLASSES BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and salt. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Place onions and sweet potatoes in another large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, molasses, chipotle peppers and lemon peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, sweet potatoes and onions. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with chipotle molasses butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Skewered Chicken 'n' Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skewered Chicken 'n' Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2013
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Butter Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilling Recipes >