Sizzling Tex-Mex Fajitas Recipe
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak, cut into 4- to 6-inch portions
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, 1 teaspoon soup mix, mustard, pepper, cayenne and liquid smoke if desired. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine onions, green pepper, yellow pepper and remaining oil and soup mix. Place half of mixture on each of two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- 3. Drain beef and discard marinade. Grill steaks and vegetable packets, covered, over medium heat for 10-13 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and vegetables are tender, turning steaks once.
- 4. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Thinly slice steaks; place beef and vegetables on tortillas. Serve with salsa, cheese, guacamole and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2 fajitas (calculated without optional toppings) equals 693 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,029 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Reviews for Sizzling Tex-Mex Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.