Sizzling Green Beans Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 16 shallots, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the first nine ingredients; transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and vinegar; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup with about 2 teaspoons almonds: 158 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat