A mild soy sauce marinade lends an appealing flavor to these tender beef and veggie kabobs. With colorful chunks of yellow squash and sweet red and green peppers, they're perfect party fare. —Kathy Spang, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sizzling Beef Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzling Beef Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2008
"This is the tastiest marinade I have ever made!And the bonus is so few ingredients!!"