Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes
“Here in New Mexico, we love the taste of chipotle chili on just about anything. This simple, delicious recipe proves that chipotle pairs perfectly with grilled steak.”—Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over
- steaks. In another small bowl, beat butter and chipotle peppers
- until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with about 1 tablespoon butter equals 867 calories, 66 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 232 mg cholesterol, 1,926 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 61 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.