“Here in New Mexico, we love the taste of chipotle chili on just about anything. This simple, delicious recipe proves that chipotle pairs perfectly with grilled steak.”—Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over steaks. In another small bowl, beat butter and chipotle peppers until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p85
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review