- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over steaks. In another small bowl, beat butter and chipotle peppers until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes
Sort By :
"The steaks with the rub were excellent. The chipotle butter was a bit too spicy for me - I liked it, but there was no way we could use all of it, so I would probably make half the butter for the same amount of steak next time."