Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes for Two
“Here in New Mexico, we love the taste of chipotle chili on just about anything. This simple, delicious recipe proves that chipotle pairs perfectly with grilled steak.”—Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced plus 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over
- In another small bowl, beat the butter, chipotle peppers and adobo
- sauce until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the
- heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with about 1 tablespoon butter equals 860 calories, 66 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 232 mg cholesterol, 1,221 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 61 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet