- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced plus 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over steaks.
- In another small bowl, beat the butter, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now