- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over steaks. In another small bowl, beat butter and chipotle peppers until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes
Sort By :
The steaks with the rub were excellent. The chipotle butter was a bit too spicy for me - I liked it, but there was no way we could use all of it, so I would probably make half the butter for the same amount of steak next time.