Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over steaks. In a large skillet, cook beef in butter over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Reduce heat to medium; cook steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Cut into slices; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks(6)
Sort By :
The trick to Flat Iron Steak is to cut thin & definitely cut ACROSS the grain. Then it melts in your mouth.
I meant to type tough :/
Delicious & Easy! I have given this recipe to several friends, and they loved it as much we did. I noticed someone posted that it was not tender...I cut the slices thin and have never had a touch bite yet.
I cannot imagine how anyone can use the word 'tender' to describe this!!
A description that is more suitable is
'Fine Corinthian LEATHER'!!
Or 'Three Bubble Gum Balls'!
Great flavor, tender & juicy. Would definitely make again. Minted Cucumber Salad is a great side choice - flavors compliment each other perfectly!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >