Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks
Smoked paprika and chipotle pepper give this version of blackened steak a spicy, Southwestern flair. To cool things off, add a salad of leafy greens with fruit and cheeses. —Denise Pounds, Hutchinson, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over steaks. In a large skillet, cook beef in
- butter over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Reduce
- heat to medium; cook steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Cut into slices; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3-3/4 ounces coked beef equals 305 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.