- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over steaks. In a large skillet, cook beef in butter over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Reduce heat to medium; cook steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Cut into slices; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks
"Very good. I had to slightly modify the seasoning a bit (did not add salt or pepper) but still turned out great. Also, the cut I got was a little thick, but still worked out great, slightly tender, but not leather or tough as some have written. It really depends on how long you cook your steak. Pair it with a cucumber, red onion, tomato and cilantro with a splash of Italian dressing really eases the kick from the spices."
"The trick to Flat Iron Steak is to cut thin & definitely cut ACROSS the grain. Then it melts in your mouth."
"I meant to type tough :/"
"Delicious & easy! I have given this recipe to several friends, and they loved it as much we did. I noticed someone posted that it was not tender...I cut the slices thin and have never had a touch bite yet."
"I cannot imagine how anyone can use the word 'tender' to describe this!!A description that is more suitable is'Fine Corinthian LEATHER'!!Or 'Three Bubble Gum Balls'!"
"Great flavor, tender & juicy. Would definitely make again. Minted Cucumber salad is a great side choice - flavors compliment each other perfectly!"
"Tender and perfectly seasoned"