Smoked paprika and chipotle pepper give this version of blackened steak a spicy, Southwestern flair. To cool things off, add a salad of leafy greens with fruit and cheeses. —Denise Pounds, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over steaks. In a large skillet, cook beef in butter over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Reduce heat to medium; cook steaks for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Cut into slices; serve with lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p48
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review