Six-Week Bran Muffins
I'm only 12 years old but already like to cook and bake. This batter can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for weeks, so it's easy to make yummy muffins fresh each morning.
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 6 cups bran cereal with raisins
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well combines. Stir in
- buttermilk, cereal, flour, oil, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before using. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Batter may be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to
- 6 weeks. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.