Six-Vegetable Juice Recipe
Our family and friends enjoy my vegetable garden by the glassfuls. My husband likes spicy foods, and after one sip, he proclaimed this juice perfect. For more delicate palates, you can leave out the hot peppers. -Deborah Moyer, Liberty, Pennsylvania
- 5 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 small serrano peppers
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove stems and seeds if desired from the serrano peppers; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- 2. Press mixture through a food mill or fine sieve. Refrigerate or freeze. Shake or stir juice well before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 66 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Six-Vegetable Juice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC