Six-Vegetable Juice Recipe
- 5 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 small serrano peppers
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove stems and seeds if desired from the serrano peppers; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Press mixture through a food mill or fine sieve. Refrigerate or freeze. Shake or stir juice well before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Six-Vegetable Juice
Sort By :
"This is the best homemade tomato juice that I have tasted. I don't like hot/spicy juice so I omitted the serano peppers. I too canned my juice so I skipped the salt when boiling it and added the 1/2 tsp canning salt to the pints. My husband hesitant when I told him I was going to try making tomatoe juice. After tasting, he wants me to make more. I can always count on Taste of Home for great recipes."
"This is a fantastic recipe...I've passed it along to many friends and family members. I cook my hot peppers (I use jalapenos because I grow them in my garden and have them on hand) with the vegetables, but pull them out before running the mixture through a food mill. Instead of refrigerating or freezing, I can my juice. I omit the salt and add 1 tsp. canning salt to each quart jar before pouring in the juice. It turns out delicious! Great over ice, made into a Bloody Mary, or in my favorite chili recipe! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!!! "