Six-Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet red or yellow pepper
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Cut all of the peppers into thin strips; discard seeds. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add the peppers, mushrooms and onion; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 219 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Six-Pepper Chicken
"This is how I make & serve chicken. The only thing I do, is stead of Cajun seasoning (I can't get it here in Greece) I add a bit of garlic & oregano or Taco seasoning. Depending on our mood-if we feel more like Mexican flavoring or Greek. My family's favorite summer dish. Easy, healthy & quick to make."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer