Tortilla chips make great scoopers for this dip, which is a family favorite after we open Christmas gifts. Sometimes I serve it in a glass bowl-just to show off the pretty layers.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with lemon juice, garlic salt and
- hot pepper sauce. Spoon into a deep-dish 10-in. pie plate or serving
- bowl. Layer with sour cream, olives, salsa, tomatoes and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip (calculated without chips) equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.